Father and son, Ed and Finn, 12, Gould from Southampton have announced that they will host their third BMW vehicle exhibition at the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu Manor on Sunday 22 July 2018. The event, entitled ‘Vanity’ will showcase BMW, BMW Mini and BMW Motorcycles from a huge number of BMW clubs and individuals from across the UK and Europe. There will also be a charity raffle with prizes including taking charge of the futuristic BMW i8 around a circuit of the winner’s choice. All proceeds from the raffle will be donated to the HELP Appeal, the only charity in the country dedicated to funding hospital helipads.
Organiser and father Ed Gould said: “Finn was really interested in cars from a very young age, even undertaking a full coolant system replacement at the age of 11 and spraying car parts, with minimal supervision from me. We have really enjoyed working as a team to organise the event.
“This is a great family day out as Beaulieu Palace House, the Grounds and Gardens, Mono Rail, Beaulieu Abbey will also be available for people to visit.
“This year we are expecting around 2000 BMW fans and hope to raise over £1500 for the HELP Appeal.
“On the day, visitors can expect to see a wide variety of BMW cars from classic to modern, modified to factory fresh. We are expecting BMW i8’s, high spec Alpina models and classic E9’s and E10’s to be on show.
“We chose to support the HELP Appeal because we all know someone who has needed an air ambulance but most people aren’t aware of how important it is that these helicopters land on a helipad as close to the emergency department as possible so a patient can be treated immediately. That’s why hospital helipads funded by the HELP Appeal are vital.”
Finn Gould, Ed’s son added: “I think I’m going to be pretty busy on the day but I can’t wait to help out and meet more BMW fans with my dad. I’ve always loved cars and to work my dad on this event, is such a great feeling.”
Lesley Knight, HELP Appeal ambassador said: “We are hugely grateful to Ed and Finn for fundraising for the HELP Appeal. Six years ago, the charity covered the entire cost of Southampton General Hospital’s helipad which has already had over 2000 landings and helped to save so many lives. This donation will go some way to helping to maintain this helipad and build others.”
For more details and to purchase tickets visit: www.vanity.org.uk
Further information about the Vanity event
- There will be a the ‘Show and Shine’ arena where owners can display their BMW cars with awards for the winning cars across three different age categories.
- Barrett Motorwerks, which tunes and styles BMW models, will select the ‘Vanity Top 5’ cars
- Southern Hospitality UK will be awarding the ‘Best Club Stand’ trophy.
- Gates open at 10am to the public. For those exhibiting their BMW car at ‘Show and Shine’, gates will open at 9am.
- Adult tickets bought in advance cost £11.50 (£14.00 on the gate); Child (5-17 years) £8.00 and Children under 5 years are free.
- To exhibit a BMW car at ‘Show and Shine’ costs £20 with a free gift on arrival.
- Traders can contact [email protected] for more information.